Program Outline of
2-DAY BREAKAWAY WORKSHOP
Overview of partners, design thinking, mindsets, innovator’s toolkit, why design
challenges for deeper learning and success in college, career, and civic life.
TWO RAPID DESIGN CYCLES + TAKE HOME CHALLENGE:
Teachers practice the steps of design thinking in 2 low stakes design
challenges. This enables teachers to experience their own creative confidence
and the power of collaboration across disciplines. Example: design a backpack
for your partner (short 1 hour) second longer challenge, design a solution
to a community based problem like re-designing the city bike share program.
- Intro to Design (mindsets)
- Intro to business Modeling
- Take home challenge
APPLYING THE LEARNINGS WITHIN YOUR UNIQUE SCHOOL
- Teachers, in small groups, identify areas to build design challenges at your school.
- Coaches facilitate brainstorm session teachers identify pain points or areas for opportunity to apply learnings.
- Build Action Plans (acton canvas)
- Present Action Plan to group
Breakaway workshop ends with an action plan and option to register for coaching services.
For school, district, or regional Breakaway the workshop ends with creating a design challenge plan for your students and determining coaching dates.