Program Outline of
2-DAY BREAKAWAY WORKSHOP
Overview of partners, design thinking, mindsets, innovator’s toolkit, why design
challenges for deeper learning and success in college, career, and civic life.
TWO RAPID DESIGN CYCLES + TAKE HOME CHALLENGE:
Teachers practice the steps of design thinking in 2 low stakes design
challenges. This enables teachers to experience a their own creative confidence
and the power of collaboration across disciplines. Example: design a backpack
for your partner (short 1 hour) second longer challenge, in small groups, based
on a problem in the community TBD.
- Intro to Design (mindsets)
- Intro to business Modeling
- Take home challenge
APPLYING THE LEARNINGS WITHIN YOUR UNIQUE SCHOOL
- Teachers, in small groups, identify areas to build design challenges at your school.
- Coaches facilitate brainstorm session teachers identify pain points or areas for opportunity to apply learnings.
- Build Action Plans (acton canvas)
- Present Action Plan to group
Stand alone Breakaway workshop ends with an action plan and option to register for coaching services.
For school, district, or regional Breakaway the workshop ends with creating a design challenge plan for your students and determining coaching dates.